Zimbabwe Cricket PlayersAlistair Campbell | Andy Blignaut | Andy Flower | Brian Murphy | Douglas Hondo | Douglas Marillier | Eddo Brandes | Grant Flower | Heath Streak | Henry Olonga | Murray Goodwin | Stuart Carlisle | Tatenda Taibu
Zimbabwe Cricket Players
Brian MurphyBrian Andrew Murphy (born 1 December 1976 in Salisbury (now Harare), Zimbabwe) is a former Zimbabwean cricketer. He played his cricket for Mashonaland in Zimbabwe and Western Province in South Africa. He played a total of 11 Test matches and 31 one-day internationals for Zimbabwe, and was the surprise choice as captain when Heath Streak stepped down in 2001. However, after four ODIs and one Test he sustained a hand injury and he never played at international level again.
- Full name : Brian Andrew Murphy
- Born : December 1, 1976, Salisbury (now Harare)
- Batting style : Right-hand bat
- Bowling style : Legbreak googly
- Test debut : West Indies v Zimbabwe at Port of Spain - Mar 16-20, 2000
- Last Test : Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Dhaka - Nov 8-12, 2001
- ODI debut : Pakistan v Zimbabwe at St John's - Apr 5, 2000
- Last ODI : New Zealand v Zimbabwe at Bloemfontein - Mar 8, 2003
Own a Virendra Sehwag autographed cricket bat
March 2004, in the 1st Innings of the 1st Test versus Pakistan
at Multan in Pakistan, Virender Sehwag became the first
Indian batsman to score a triple century.
To celebrate the fantastic feat, this magnificent piece of cricketing memorabilia, limited edition of 309 World Wide, has been produced. Each bat has been personally signed by Virender Sehwag and is presented in a top quality timber box frame with acid free archival mat board, To protect your investment, each piece is authenticated by A-Tag Microchip Technology, and comes complete with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Buy now / Read more / Other cricket memorabilia